One of the buildings that can testify to the industrial past of Kamionek is the National Telefunken Plant, located at Owsiana Street 14 and 14A. The industrial tradition of the property at this address dates back to the 1930s, when ‘Sidol’ Max Sternhell’s Chemical Processing Factory bought three plots of land located at the time within the Kamionki land estate, letter D, from Alicja z Jagminów Skarbek-Malczewska. ‘Sidol’ specialised in the production of chemical and technical goods. A modern production building was also created to provide for the needs of the factory, located further into the plot. This has survived to this day. In 1936, the property was bought from Sternhell and his partner, Jakub Lieberman, by The National ‘Telefunken’ Association, Sp. z o.o. ‘Telefunken’ produced radios for consumers of varied tastes. A year later, an office building designed by Lucjan Korngold was built on Owsiana Street. With the liquidation of the Polish section of the company in 1940, Adam and Maria Pakulscy became the next owners of the property. It was, in chronological order: the canning factory ‘Wanda,’ the Canning, Marmalade and Food Processing Factory, and then two Metal Packaging Manufacturing Companies: ‘Korona’ Sp. z o.o. and ‘WOB,’ Sp. z o.o. The characteristic, covered connector was built after the war. After nationalisation, the Rembertowskie Industrial Meat Production Plants had a factory here. The last stage of the industrial history at Owsiana Street 14 and 14A was connected with the Material Industrial Plant ‘Cora’ – in the front building there was, among other things, a worker hotel for seamstresses. Since the bankruptcy of ‘Cora’ in 2001, the buildings at Owsiana Street have been abandoned.
The former ‘Telefunken’ is a place favoured by street art creators. You can find here, among other things, works made by the local artist Mariusz Bartoszewski (aka Skucha). MonMon Cats painted by him on the chimneys: within the building and next to the former boiler room: are well known in Warsaw. There were also ideas for reviving this place. Grażyna Bednarczyk’s diploma thesis, defended in 2013 at the Faculty of Architecture of the Warsaw University of Technology, proposed to create an alternative art centre, ‘OFFSIANA,’ here.